Monday 25 July 2011

Life As It Is

My friend who used to blog frequently like I did has recently written a new entry with a lot of thought into it, he is talking about his current level in life and his plans for the future and I thought, that is exactly what I need to do... sit down and talk about my plans for the future. I walk my dog everyday, sometimes twice a day and during my walks I am there thinking about current situations but never about my future.

My friend is stuck in a world of employment working away most of his life using up his last part of childhood on his job, I understand that it was a vital decision he made there as he is now earning money but like he said he has no time to spend it. I have just finished my job in Worcester when the schools broke up and within 3 days I already got myself a new job in line working as an assistant to my dad (a civil engineer) in Tewkesbury, I try to limit my work life so I can have fun with my friends whilst I still can. 10 days ago I had my 18th and that is known as the end of childhood, but it's not, I have another 2 months before my childhood officially ends and I need to know what to do after that.

I do a lot of stuff in my spare time, go into town with my mates, go to gym which I have just started my membership back up, do my daily exercise by walking the dog or occasionally having a job round my village. I also make films which I have been doing since I was 9 years old, I love doing this and every time I complete a film I feel like I have achieved something. However I also play on my Xbox 360 and Laptop a lot and I find that it is a boring life spending on the Internet or playing games, in the time I am doing that I could be looking at my future and figuring out what I am going to do. But I am achieving something and it makes me feel good, I enjoy trying to build up my gamer score on the xbox in which my friend calls me a g-whore, but am I? No! I set myself a target for a game and once I hit it I feel like I have achieved something. Most of my friends buy the games complete it then leave it lying around for months on end... I make the most out of my games, I buy them, complete the campaign, go through a second time to get achievements, play multi player, then I abandon it and I am happy because I know I have used it to its full potential... I do this on the xbox, now I need to do it with life.

In 2 months I will be moving out of my home area of Worcestershire and entering the world independently, I will be moving to a bigger place where I will have to get used to city life and learn to look after my self. I will be attending university in York, why York? Because I know it's somewhere I can settle down, I am fully of northern blood, so I know that if there is a place I can be ready to begin my life, it is somewhere up north and so I picked my Mum's hometown of York, also known as 'Capital of the North'. Whilst it will be a challenge moving from a village of a population of 1,000 people to a city of 200,000 people, it is something I must learn and something I need to think about now as I approach it. I will be spending 3 - 5 years up there and I hope then to go on to a job in Liverpool in design... why do I want to go to Liverpool? Because it is the capital city of culture in the UK, this gives me the perfect opportunity to show off my skills in a city of beautiful architecture and a well known city worldwide. But how am I going to get there?? By working hard, I can't just take the piss anymore by sitting down and doing nothing, I must be ready to face my challenges ahead that will help my accomplish my dream...

...a dream I have had since I was a small child, and if I put my mind to it... I WILL SUCCEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment